Follow the simple steps to change your screen resolution to 1024x768 True Color (24 bit)
1) Click on the START button in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
2) Using the MOUSE, HIGHLIGHT SETTINGS. Once highlight, move the mouse to the right and CLICK on CONTROL PANEL
3) A box will pop up, with many different icons and their names. DOUBLE click on the DISPLAY icon.
4) A new box will appear, displaying the option for changing the display. Across the top of the box are several different tabs (background, screen saver, appearance, effects, web, and settings. CLICK on the tab that says SETTINGS and the screen will display the setting options for the monitor.
5) The bottom of the box has two sections, COLORS and SCREEN AREA. Under the COLORS section, change the color to --24 bit-- by clicking on the little arrow box and highlighting/click on --24 bit--.
6) Then, under the SCREEN AREA section, change the area to 1024x768 by clicking on the appropriate section of the slide bar.
7) Finally, click on APPLY at the bottom of the box.
8) Then. click OK.
NOTE: Most computers will either have you restart the computer, or your computer will turn the monitor off and on to switch to the new resolution.