Blessed Miguel Pro, S.J.
¡ Viva Cristo Rey !
¡Viva Cristo Rey! The Story of Fr. Miguel Pro will be staged in October by the Quo Vadis Theatre Company in San Jose, CA. Quo Vadis is a Catholic theater company that puts on plays with Catholic themes and content and contemporary plays that explore issues of faith, morality, and humanity. The company is comprised of a group of Catholic men and women who have all been involved in drama in one capacity or another – Their avowed mission is to enlighten, edify, educate, and enrich the viewing audience, and to provide Catholic playwrights, actors, and other theatre-oriented persons a friendly platform for their efforts of faith or belief. The Pro play is an original script by playwrights, Fred Martinez and Cathal Gallagher. Ten years ago, Gallagher, an Irish-born American playwrite, was searching for a Catholic theater company to perform his play about Cardinal Mindszenty. Instead of finding one, he founded one. Today, Quo Vadis remains the only Catholic theatre company in California.
- St. John the Evangelist Church in Rochester, New York hosted a Blessed Miguel Pro Conference "Witness the True Faith" November 12 - 14, 2004. The event was sponsored by the Miguel Pro prayer group. Guest speakers were Ann Ball, Father Mitch Pacwa,SJ. and Father Ted Ross, SJ. The parish youth presented a play on Pro's life, and there was even a special cake honoring Pro. Cake for Blessed Miguel
Father Mitch Pacwa, SJ, and Father Ted Ross, SJ, enjoyed swapping jokes at the conference.
- The youth group at St. Lawrence Church in Rochester, NY produced a play on the Life of Blessed Miguel Pro along with a fiesta. We have posted the script of the play so that your youth group might also adapt it for your own use.
- Dedication of the Chapel of Mater Redemptoris: The Chapel honors the relics of Blessed Miguel Pro, S.J. beneath the main altar. You can also read Bishop's Burke's homily delivered during the Mass of Consecration.
- Diocese of Bridgeport: "We Shall Not Forget Them"
A Celebration of the New Martyrs for the Jubilee Year 2000 was held at St.
Aloysius Parish in October of 2000. The Most Reverend Michael Hrynchyshyn,
C.Ss.R., the president of the Vatican Commission for the New Martyrs was the
keynote speaker. Relics of, and information about, Blessed Miguel Pro were
displayed along with the memorials of the martyrs and witnesses to the faith
of the twentieth century.
- The reliquary of Fr. Pro, S.J. is currently at St. Francis Religious Goods at the Bear Creek area of Houston. The reliquary was recently brought to the parishes of the Diocese of Galveston-Houston.
- Welcome to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Homily delivered by Most Reverend Raymond L. Burke at Blessed Pro's shrine in Mexico City.
This Page Was Last Updated:
This site is maintained by Lawrence LeLeux and Fr. Ray Bucko, S.J.
at Creighton University